Saturday, February 23, 2013

Keeping the flowers blooming!


Husband dear gave me stargazer lilies for our post Valentines date. And one week after we were able to get his money's worth by getting four of the flowers to bloom! We still have one more to go and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope we can still get the last flower to bloom. So far here they are!

This is what I did to make sure that they stay in tip top shape. :)

- change the water daily
- cut off about an inch or two from the stem every day
- put enough water to cover only about 2-3 inches the stem
- remove the leaves at the bottom of the stem once you see them start to wilt
- remove a bloom if you notice that the petals are falling off



Thanks babe! February may be winding down but it doesn't have to be Valentines Day for a guy to pop over at the shop and get his woman flowers ( or chocolates or jewelry hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment